Do you want to attenuate the wrinkles of your face naturally? Then you must know the effect that star anise can have on your skin, as it is known as the new natural botox . More and more people want to achieve a more uniform skin without resorting to expensive products or cosmetic treatments with chemical products or surgeries and looking for the natural alternatives available that are healthier and also easy to obtain and economical. So, whether you’re looking to prevent lines of expression or reduce the marks you already have on the contours of your eyes or lips this spice can be your new ally.
The botox effect of star anise to eliminate wrinkles
The star anise for beauty has meant a new revolution that has not yet reached all corners of the world, but that gains more followers every day thanks to the incredible results it offers when applied to our skin. The combination of the composition of this spice is what gives it the ability to have an effect similar to that of botox . The main components of this aromatic plant are essential oils such as cineol and linalool, anethole, estragole, tannins, pectin, mucilages and vitamins A, group B and C.
Thus, thanks to this combination of components, among the main properties of star anise for wrinkles we find the following:
When this plant is taken in infusion one of the main effects it has is that it produces a great state of relaxation that allows the muscles to rest and induces sleep. Thus, applied externally this type of anise manages to relax the muscles of the face, without getting numb or produce any problem in them, enough to prevent us to overstress these muscles and appear wrinkles and lines of expression.
It favors the production of collagen
This spice is perfect to increase the natural production of collagen in our body. Of course, both to prevent and reduce the appearance of wrinkles and facial expression is necessary to help your body to improve the production of collagen, a vital component for elasticity, firmness and regeneration of the skin.
Antioxidant effect for a smooth skin
By increasing the production of collagen and providing antioxidant vitamins this spice serves to make our skin firmer, smoother and softer, visibly reducing marks on it. The antioxidant effect of this anise can be used only for the skin by applying it externally or for the whole body, including the dermis, if it is eaten as an accompaniment in the dishes or in infusion.
Star anise oil for skin and wrinkles
One of the easiest ways to use this spice directly on the skin is to apply its essential oil. The oil star anise contains components and properties of concentrated form and is very easy to apply. This oil can be found in online stores, in herbal shops and in stores specializing in natural products. To apply the star anise oil to eliminate wrinkles on the face, you just have to follow these simple indications:
- Wash your face thoroughly by removing any traces of makeup or dirt and dry it gently with a clean towel.
- Apply a few drops on the tips of your fingers, between 3 and 4 drops will suffice, and rub the yolks to warm the oil a little.
- With gentle and quick touches apply the oil in areas where there are more chances of appearance of wrinkles, such as the contact of the eyes and lips and forehead, or in the parts where you already have lines of expression such as deeper marks.
- After applying it, massage gently, making gentle circles on these areas so that the oil absorbs better.
- Let it dry alone and do not wash your face until after the maximum possible time, so we recommend that you do it at night before going to sleep.
You can use it daily and in a few weeks you will see that wrinkles and marks are reduced significantly and that lines of expression will disappear.
Star anise mask for wrinkles
Another perfect way to take advantage of the firming properties of this spice is to use it in a homemade mask for wrinkles . You can make a mask with more ingredients to make it more complete and achieve a greater anti-wrinkle effect. For this, we advise you to do a treatment with a mask of star anise and egg for wrinkles :
Ingredients and materials
- 4 tablespoons star anise powder (equivalent to about 40gr)
- 1 egg white
- 250ml of water
- 1 small saucepan or pot
- 1 brush for masks
Preparation and treatment
- Separate the egg white from the yolk and reserve the egg white for later use.
- Boil the water and when it reaches the boiling point add the powdered or crushed aniseed.
- Let it boil for 5 minutes, or maximum 10, and remove it from the heat and allow it to cool.
- Once cooled mix this infusion with the egg white until you get a uniform and textured mixture like a light paste.
- When you have a clean face apply the mask with the help of a brush all over your face, avoiding the eyes but insisting on the areas where the skin usually wrinkles more easily.
- Let it act for 20 or 30 minutes and you get to notice it very dry.
- Remove the mask with plenty of cold water and dry your face with a clean towel and gentle touches.
- Apply now your light moisturizer for the face.
You can use this mask between 2 times a week and it is likely that after 10 days using it you will begin to notice your skin softer, smoother and without expressive lines and with much less marked wrinkles. Keep using it as long as you think is necessary, but do not overdo it and do not use it more than a couple of times a week.
Infusion of star anise for wrinkles
The tea or infusion of star anise is a very simple way to attenuate and eliminate wrinkles and expression marks. You can make a simple infusion to take it, in this case we recommend taking 1 cup daily for 2 weeks and rest 1 week before repeating the process, or you can use this tea for topical use and treat the skin more directly. For this you will need to follow these instructions:
- 3 tablespoons star anise powder
- 250 ml of hot water
Preparation and treatment
- Get the anise powder or crush a little of this spice with the help of a mortar until you get the 3 tablespoons needed.
- Boil the water and add the spoons of this spice, let it simmer for 10 minutes and remove it from the heat.
- When warm, soak a cotton disc and apply it all over your face making sure to insist on the most delicate parts for the appearance of marks and wrinkles.
- Let it act for 20 or 30 minutes and then remove with plenty of cold water.
You can do this treatment on a daily basis until you see noticeable improvements in a couple of weeks and then reduce its use on a weekly basis or even less, to keep the skin in good condition.
Also you may be interested in Using Turmeric Mask for wrinkles