Lemon is one of the natural remedies most used to treat gastritis for years. And is that it is very effective to end the discomfort that is in the stomach by the properties that presents to be very purifying and help eliminate the possible bacteria or agents that have triggered gastritis.
However, even if it is a natural product, we must also know that it can not be taken in any way, being appropriate to follow some guidelines so that no more problems are generated with your intake because it has an acid and strong flavor.
Properties and benefits of lemon for gastritis
Lemon has many properties for health. Among them are those related to the digestive system to relieve even stomach ulcers. In the case of gastritis, its main benefits are:
- It is a natural antibiotic : lemon can help to kill multiple bacteria that are present in the body and that are usually common and one of the main causes of gastritis.
- It is alkaline : this means that, once the lemon has been taken, its acid neutralizes and helps to stabilize the level or degree of acidity of the stomach to recover normalcy.
- It is antiseptic : lemon has antiseptic effects, so it helps reduce the risk of infection in the body. This is especially important in the case of viruses that affect the stomach and can lead to gastritis.
Is lemon good for the stomach?
Although the lemon is beneficial to treat gastritis , it is important to know how to take it to take advantage of all its properties and prevent further discomfort due to improper intake, which, in turn, will increase the discomfort that already produces gastritis. And for this:
- Drinking lemon on an empty stomach is bad for gastritis. That is, lemon alone, without mixing it with water or having breakfast first, because otherwise the acidity of the lemon can damage the stomach even more.
- It is always advisable to have taken some food before taking the lemon or use it to dress, for example, salads or accompany them.
- The lemon should be taken with other drinks such as tea or water, among others, in order to not generate more acidity in the stomach.
- It is advisable to purify the body before starting to take lemon to treat gastritis, so that the body eliminates viruses, bacteria or the organisms that caused it. A specific soft diet or simply fasting (you can drink water or isotonic drinks to avoid dehydration), are good allies to make this cleansing.
How to take lemon for gastritis
Once the previous premises are clear, it is time to choose the most appropriate way to take lemon to cure gastritis. The possibilities are several:
- Lemon juice with food : Lemon juice can be added to other foods, such as fish, and even used to prepare some recipes based on chicken or turkey meat. It is also ideal as a sauce or dressing for salads and vegetables, whether cooked or steamed or grilled. In all cases, the food is tastier and prevents the generation of acidity.
- Drink lemon : this is another of the alternatives that have to cure gastritis. One of the best options is to mix your juice with water. It is a drink that could even be taken during the previous purification process that is recommended before following a lemon treatment. In addition, if you opt for fasting, you can add a little salt and sugar to this mixture so that the body does not dehydrate or lose nutrients during the detoxification process.
- Mix the lemon with other drinks : this is also beneficial to treat gastritis. For example, it can be taken with a little tea, but it is soft, or with other tisanes that are good for the stomach like chamomile or aniseed.
- Bicarbonate and lemon : lemon can also be taken with baking soda to relieve gastritis. In fact, bicarbonate is another recommended product when you have stomach discomfort because it is alkaline and helps reduce acidity and heartburn.
- How To Prevent Gastritis
- Natural Home Remedies For Gastritis Pain
- 10 Foods That Soothe Gastritis