If your child is easily distracted, goes from one task to another, does not pay attention when he is spoken to, acts without thinking about the consequences, cannot remain still, talks excessively, and does not obey the orders and he has difficulties in school, your child may have hyperactivity.
Generally, hyperactivity is detected when the child enters school and is reflected in learning difficulties and the relationship he has with his schoolmates. Hyperactivity is a conduct disorder that can be treated. Here we will present some recommendations to be able to treat a hyperactive child.
Steps to follow:
1.Consult with a doctor. This will make a diagnosis of the situation to try to rule out other associated disorders. The doctor can recommend some medication for your child to improve the attention and concentration capacity. You only have to give him the medication prescribed by the doctor and in the doses recommended by him, you must not self-medicate, or increase or decrease the dose without the consent of the professional.
2. Transmit tranquility. It is common for parents to feel helpless, tired and even irritated by the behavior of their hyperactive child. But it is necessary that the whole family remain calm, and try to maintain balance to transmit emotional stability.
3. Set limits and encourage them when their behavior improves. Limits are necessary for all children, but when it comes to hyperactive children, they have to be even stronger, since they tend to try to transgress them continuously. That is why it is recommended to maintain a firm attitude in relation to limits.
4. When your child shows improvements in their behavior and attitude towards certain situations, reward them. Let him know that you noticed his change.
5. Take some time to do homework with him. Hyperactive children have great difficulty in being able to focus on a task for a long period of time, which is why it is necessary that you accompany them at this time.
6. Meet with teachers. Try to see the evolution you are having at school, show your interest to your teacher and ask her to keep you informed. Your teacher can have a more general vision of how she relates to her classmates and their academic progress.
This article is merely informative, we do not have the faculty to prescribe any medical treatment or make any diagnosis. We invite you to go to a doctor in the case of presenting any condition or discomfort.