Do you feel intense stinging and are you tempted to scratch your eyes constantly? There are various causes that can cause itching and it is very important to pay attention to these discomforts, since the eyes are one of the most delicate organs of the human body. That is why if you feel constant itching, you should go to your doctor and it can also be very useful to know how to relieve itchy eyes.
Steps to follow:
- In the first place, it will be important to look for the cause of the stinging of the eyes , since the recurrent itching must be examined by a specialist to rule out possible eye or vision problems. And is that sometimes, one of the symptoms that denote that a person does not see properly is the itchy eyes.
So, if your eyes have been stinging for days or it is always at certain times that you feel the discomfort-reading, watching television, driving …-, it will be important to visit your ophthalmologist or specialist doctor to do a review .
2. It will also be very important that you keep in mind some recommendations to avoid the itching of the eyes going to more, such as:
- Avoid scratching or rubbing your eyes, even if they sting you, because it will only make the situation worse.
- Wash your hands often.
- If you wear contact lenses or contact lenses, try not to use them and resort to glasses.
- Wear sunglasses.
- Try not to frequent places with smoky environments or areas with proliferation of dust and other volatile particles that may come into contact with your eyes.
In this way, it will be necessary to prepare an infusion of chamomile and let it cool down a bit -to avoid burning- and with the help of a sterile gauze, then apply it to the eye that itches. You should leave the gauze over your eye for about 10 minutes, you can repeat this action several times a day to reduce ocular itching.
This article is merely informative, in a HOW we do not have the power to prescribe any medical treatment or make any kind of diagnosis. We invite you to go to a doctor in case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.