Neurosis is a disease that affects the nervous system and causes complications in the management of emotions, the patient has problems to perform at social, family and work, his rational thinking is also affected by his emotional instability.
The patient knows that his behaviors are irrational, but he is not able to control them, he unintentionally modifies the perception of the world and his way of response conditioned by emotional distortions. When emotions get out of control you can say that a person suffers.
They vary depending on the personality and the different types of defense against the anguish suffered, usually they are the genetic predisposition, problems of social adaptation, psychological factors or traumatic experiences.
Lack of emotional self-control, confusion of desires with reality, closed mind and full of prejudices, very dependent on other people, have a hard time waiting, are afraid, are apathetic, impatient, insecure, too orderly, rigid, arrogant and sometimes they despise themselves, they have shame, fear and guilt.
Types of neurosis
These depend on the type of defense mechanism used by the patient. The medicine distinguishes the following:
- Anxiety neurosis. The anguish is permanent and is accompanied by dizziness, vomiting, diarrhea, tachycardia, choking, ringing in the ear, sweating, pessimism, foreboding, and the feeling that there is someone who stalks.
- Phobic neurosis Attacks of anguish and irrational phobias, in some cases suffer from alterations in reality.
- Obsessive-compulsive neurosis They fight against thoughts, images and words that appear against their will, the patient does things to avoid this situation of anguish and anxiety.
- Depressive neurosis. Loss of self-esteem and much sadness.
- Convulsive hysterical neurosis . Indifference to everyday things with seizures
- Hysterical dissociative neurosis. Your reality or your own conscience is altered.
- Depersonalization neurosis. They have very strong panic attacks because they do not feel their body or parts of it as theirs, they hallucinate themselves and what happens around them.
- Hypochondriacal neurosis. Too much concern for his health, he associates several things with different diseases.
It is better to take the patient with a specialist doctor, who will usually treat the patient with psychotropic drugs to control their anxiety, and also help the person with psychotherapy.