Do you have oily hair and are you looking for a natural and effective remedy to solve it? So, get ready to say goodbye to the excess fat in your mane using lemon. This citrus is one of the most used natural products in beauty, both for hair and skin, because it has astringent properties, among others, that will help you to have a healthier and more beautiful hair.
We have prepared this article on how to use lemon for oily hair so that you can learn to apply it for incredible results. Take note of its properties and benefits to eliminate hair grease and choose whether to use it alone or, if you prefer to use one of these simple recipes of lemon masks and other natural ingredients.
Properties and benefits of lemon for oily hair
The composition of the lemon is what makes it have very good properties and benefits for the hair, especially for oily scalps. Specifically, it contains citric acid, vitamin C or ascorbic acid, vitamin B5 or pantothenic acid, vitamin B6 or pyridoxine, vitamin B9 or folic acid, magnesium, phosphorus and potassium, among other nutrients. Thus, these acids, vitamins and minerals are responsible for the following properties of lemon for oily hair :
- Cleanser and exfoliant: this citrus is a powerful cleanser, so it has an exfoliating effect that helps to remove all traces of fat, dandruff and dead cells.
- Regulates the pH: another property of this citrus fruit is that it helps to regulate the pH of the scalp, which means that there is less production of sebum or fat.
- Astringent: the lemon is astringent, that is to say it helps to close the pores in the scalp. This will prevent excess fat from being produced in the hair.
In addition, it also brightens the hair and, due to the citric acid it contains, it can lighten the hair if it is used very often and, above all, if after applying the lemon or a mask that has it, we expose the hair to the sun, because the sun’s rays increase its effect. Therefore, if you apply the following homemade remedies with lemon to treat oily hair you do not want to be cleansed avoid the sun while you use them and if you want to clarify a tone, then put yourself in the sun for the duration of the treatment.
How to use lemon to treat oily hair step by step
- The juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 glass of mineral water
Processing and treatment
- Cut the lemon and squeeze one half to obtain its juice, pouring it into a large glass or a bowl.
- Add the water to the lemon juice.
- Mix well so that the two ingredients are integrated.
- Apply the mixture on your scalp and hair, only in the part of half up the mane, avoiding the tips if you have it long.
- When applying it, massage the entire head gently and in circles with the fingertips, insisting on the parts where there is more tendency for the hair to be greased.
- Let the diluted lemon juice take effect for 10 minutes, maximum 15 minutes, and remove it with plenty of cold water.
You can do this anti-fat treatment between 2 and 3 times a week .
How to use lemon, salt and egg white for oily hair
Another natural and easy to do at home remedy is to combine the effectiveness of lemon for oily hair with the properties of salt and egg white. Why are these two ingredients good for treating this hair problem? Well, because its composition makes it ideal to make a mask with lemon to enhance its properties. Specifically, salt is a very good exfoliant and egg white is one of the best natural astringents. You can check here more about the benefits of the egg for hair.
By using this mask for oily hair you will stop worrying about excess fat in a few days. To prepare a lemon, salt and egg white mask for hair follow these guidelines:
- 1 egg
- 1 large spoonful of salt
- The juice of ½ lemon
Processing and treatment
- Separate the white of an egg in a bowl.
- Squeeze the lemon juice and add it to the bowl.
- Add the tablespoon of salt and mix well the three ingredients until there is a homogeneous mixture.
- Take the mixture and apply it on the head, doing a light massage on the whole scalp, insisting on the parts that you usually have more problems with oily hair.
- When you have applied it all and you have massaged for about two minutes, let the mixture take effect for 10 more minutes.
- Remove this remedy with plenty of cold water by massaging the scalp well again.
- To make sure you remove all the remains of the mixture, wash your hair as you usually do, with cold or warm water.
Use this home remedy 1 or 2 times a week .
How to use lemon and apple cider vinegar for oily hair
Vinegar is another natural remedy very effective to treat problems such as fat on the scalp and dandruff. Thanks to its composition, mainly malic acid, the vinegar is exfoliating, astringent and gives a lot of shine to the hair. Although any type of vinegar can be used, for this treatment we recommend using organic apple cider vinegar. Take note of how to use apple and lemon vinegar for oily hair :
- The juice of ½ lemon
- ½ glass of apple vinegar
Preparation and treatment
- Prepare the vinegar in a large glass.
- Squeeze the juice of half a lemon and add it to the glass of the vinegar.
- Mix well until the two ingredients look like a homogeneous mixture.
- Apply the remedy on the scalp with a light circular massage all over the head.
- Let it act for 10 minutes and rinse your hair with plenty of cold water.
- After removing the mixture with water, wash your hair as usual, but do not use a mask.
You can use this remedy 2 or 3 times a week .
If you want to read more articles similar to How to use lemon for oily hair – very effective remedy , we recommend you to enter our category of Beauty Tips .