Many parents do not know or can not handle stressful or difficult situations with their children and end up punishing them, as a way to solve a problem or to impose a will. This is usually a custom inherited from our own parents, since it ends up reproducing what has been seen.
Definition of values
The concept of values comes from the Latin of the word valere, which means to be strong . Therefore, values are all those principles that are taught to an individual from a young age so that they can function properly in society . For example, the values of a moral child instilled by his parents will allow him to act correctly in certain situations.
On the other hand, the values determine the priorities of life , allowing to choose between one situation or another, or between one thing or another. The problem is that many times, parents tend to teach the same or in the same way they were taught to them. But how to teach values to children?
You can change and learn from the mistakes of the ancestors and since punishing the children is not right. Not only does it not serve any purpose, but you are violating your rights as a person and, ultimately, it constitutes abuse. Now, how to educate children without violence?
Tips to educate with values
When there is a conflict, it is best to ask yourself what is the purpose of the child or adolescent obeying . When you are clear about what you want to obey or what is ultimately what you want your child to do, then you have to find the right way to reach him, to communicate with him, but avoid getting to violence, it really does not help .
If both parents can not find the most appropriate way to get along with their children, it is best to ask for help, which can be, for example, a specialist such as:
- A psychologist.
- An educational psychologist.
- A family therapist
In short, it is not good to punish your children to obey you and it is best not to obey, or that no one is above another in a relationship of power or who is sending whom, but the important thing is to get to consensus and a healthy communication of family values that you want to instill in your children.
10 values of the children you must teach
How to educate children? Keep in mind that the values of a child begin to form from the first months of life , through the behaviors and attitudes of their parents. The well-known predicate with the example, is hundred percent effective , since it is proven that children learn with the example of people who have reference.
Therefore, the way you relate to others, the way you share, to help your neighbor, to understand, to ask for things, to defend your ideas, to tolerate, to listen, etc. they will be absorbed by your children and they will take them as their own to go through life.
- Happiness: Developing a positive attitude in the face of the adversities of life always helps to face problems in the best way. Teach your child to value the small moments of life, recognizing that there are also difficulties, but always having a positive attitude can face them better.
- Helpfulness: Kindness is always welcome. Show him by example, that good treatment, greeting, asking for things with respect and education will always open doors for good relationships.
- Generosity: Encourage cooperation, solidarity, selfless help to others.
Fortaleza: It is very useful to teach your children to face pain and overcome it by understanding situations. It is also important to make him understand that pain can often be a consequence of his bad actions.
- Responsibility: It is essential for your education as a person of integrity. Help him to always keep his word, if he agrees to do something he has to do it even if he does not feel like it, etc. so that he starts being responsible from a young age.
- Empathy: Encourage him to make an effort to know the feelings of other children, so that he can put himself in their place and feel what they feel. Being empathetic with others will help you to have good personal relationships.
- Honesty: It is a fundamental value, since telling the truth will always open the doors to be valued and respected anywhere. Sometimes children tell lies so as not to be punished, so from a young age you should tell them about the importance of telling the truth despite its consequences.
- Tolerance: It is an essential value to learn to respect the thoughts, feelings and behaviors of other people. Teaching this value to your child will allow you to get along better with other people and learn that things are not always the way you like them.
- Respect: Respect for the elderly and other children is one of the first things your child captures from their environment. To help him develop respect for others, show him that you should not raise your voice, or insult, or contradict anyone rudely.
- Good Humor : Good humor should be part of the customs of any home, since it generates good energy and stimulates to see with pleasure the own mistakes and those of others.
Values activities for preschool children
There are different activities and recreational games that besides entertaining and entertaining, can develop values for primary school children, since they teach them to relate to each other, to develop their artistic, motor and intellectual abilities, according to their age. I recommend you take a look at the following proposals so you can have a clear idea.
- Games to stimulate attention: You will find the necessary tips so that you can choose didactic activities that help the little ones to develop the attention.
- Games to stimulate creativity: You will discover the most appropriate educational and didactic games to help children perform all kinds of creations.
- Games for active children: You will know what games can help children to channel their energies more healthily, without getting hurt and instead learn many productive things.