Ginger is a plant of the Zingiberáceas family that grows in different parts of the world, especially in Jamaica and South Asia.
The most used part of this plant is its rhizome or root, which has different uses due to the active ingredients or nutritional composition of ginger and its oil, which is as follows:
- Essential oils: zingibereno or zingiberina, zingiberol, curcumeno, beta-bisolobeno, limonene, camphene, camphor, cineol, geranial and linalool.
- Resins: gingerols, shogaols and gingerrenones.
- Amino acids: arginine, histidine, leucine, lysine, aspartic acid and methionine.
- Fatty acids: alpha-linolenic, oleic, linoleic, lauric and lecithin.
- Vitamins: vitamin B3 and vitamin C.
- Minerals: cobalt, manganese, zinc, silicon, boron and phosphorus.
- Others: fiber, quercetin and capsaicin.
How to make homemade ginger oil – step by step
Ginger oil is a natural product that everyone should have at home, since it has medicinal properties that make it an excellent remedy, both to relieve muscle pain and improve our respiratory and circulatory system, activating blood circulation, as well as for the care of our skin and hair. Although we can buy it in an herbalist, we can also make it at home easily and simply.
Here’s how to make homemade ginger oil for hair , massage and cooking with the next step-by-step. That’s right, this recipe will give you an oil that you can use in different ways, which we will explain better in the following sections.
- 1 fresh ginger root
- 200 ml of olive oil, better if it is extra virgin.
Elaboration step by step
- First of all we will have to thoroughly wash the whole ginger root (that is, without removing the skin) and then let it dry.
- Once the root has dried, crush it with the help of a grater and then add it to a bowl.
- Add in the same bowl 200 ml of extra virgin olive oil and stir the ingredients until they are well mixed.
- Now you have to add the mixture in a baking dish and then put it in the oven. Let it heat in the oven over very low heat (about 65 degrees) for 2 hours.
- Let the mixture cool a bit and then strain the contents with the help of a cloth filter to remove the ginger residue.
- Finally, add the homemade ginger oil in a glass jar and store it in a dry and fresh place so that it lasts as long as possible.
How to use homemade ginger oil for massage and muscle pain
Ginger root has a high content of essential oils and resin, which provides powerful anti-inflammatory, analgesic and stimulatory properties of blood circulation that help, among other things, to relieve pain and swelling in the affected area. These properties also make it very useful for other types of pain such as migraines and headaches.
To use ginger oil for massage and to relieve muscle pain you will have to apply a few drops on the fingertips and massage the affected area for a couple of minutes. Then let it act for 5 minutes on the skin and finally remove the oil with plenty of warm water.
How to use ginger oil for hair loss
Ginger is also an ideal natural product for hair care because its richness in fatty acids and antioxidants gives it excellent circulatory, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties that stimulate hair growth and prevent hair loss and other hair problems such as lack of hydration and dandruff If you want to use ginger for your hair, then we will explain how to make a natural serum that will prevent hair loss. To make this treatment with ginger oil for hairloss, you will only need:
- 1 tablespoon of homemade ginger oil
- 1 tablespoon of jojoba oil
Preparation and treatment
- Add the ginger oil with the jojoba oil in a bowl and stir well until they are well diluted.
- We use the jojoba oil to make the anti-fall serum since it has excellent moisturizing properties that will deeply hydrate your hair.
- Moisten your hair well and apply this treatment all over the scalp. To enhance the effects of the remedy it is recommended that you perform a circulatory massage through your hair for 10 minutes.
- When you finish massaging, let the remedy work for 5 more minutes and then rinse your hair with warm water.
Homemade ginger oil for cooking
Of course, another use of the homemade oil that you have prepared is to use it in the kitchen, just as the root itself is used.
If you were looking for how to make homemade ginger oil for cooking , you will like to know that among the culinary uses of ginger oil and also its root, we find that it is used as a spice and seasoning in a variety of dishes sauces, salads, soups, stews, cookies , breads, cakes and drinks, beyond the infusions themselves.