Today is running! It’s a friendly sport that is not as expensive as others, and fortunately, most can practice. From teenagers to over 50s.
What you should always take into account is a good training to get ready to the event; the appropriate tennis to your type of footprint; and a mind focused on achieving your goal.
THE TIPS that you must take into account on the day of the 21K or marathon are:
- Do not do things that you have not trained! Do not run faster or with a different stride. There is adrenaline that makes you feel more powerful, but be strategic! It is better to maintain the race rhythms to which you are accustomed.
- There will be ups and downs. Do not despair! Just slow down a bit and hold on. If you feel you can not do more, slow down, walk, but never stop.
- If it rains, it will be uncomfortable, but take advantage of the fact that you will feel cooler and against the inclemency of the weather there is nothing to do. If you know that the place of the event is rainy or you investigate that the weather will be like this; try to train in those conditions.
- It is worth walking, but not to stop altogether! Depending on your level of physical training – or even mental – you may feel the need to stop and sit, but do not do it; because when you want to resume, it will cost you more work. Better, if you feel very tired, keep a light trot so that you do not “get stiff” to get stuck or to become entangled.
- Stretch! But first do a walk or light jog, to return to calm gradually. Then stretch about 5-10 minutes. All the legs!
A HALF MARATHON IS AROUND 21,000 STEPS, 10,500 HITS ON EACH LEG, IT’S LIKE DOING MORE THAN 10,500 HITS!
6. If you want to stop in the middle of the half marathon and feel that you can not stop anymore, think about why you are doing it! When your mind “believes you can no longer” your body is only 20-40% of its total capacity. Do not sabotage your own career! Think positive, remember why you are doing it and move on.
- Foods That Runners Should Avoid
- 9 Tips For Choosing Running Shoes For beginners