One of the most sought-after goals in physical training is muscle gain. Hence, men and women invest so much time and money in the gym to achieve the desired figure.
However, it is possible to obtain satisfactory results by executing an exercise routine from the comfort of the home. The important thing here is to plan, get the necessary resources to train, allocate a physical space and daily time to do it and, of course, have the discipline that involves being our own coaches. So if you are looking for information on how to gain muscle at home , we will tell you everything you need to know to achieve it.
Steps to follow Fro Gaining Muscle:-
1. The first thing you need to do to gain muscle at home is to prepare a space to train . The good news is that the adaptation of that place only depends on your creativity and what you are willing to invest. If you have a room that you do not use, convert it to your personal gym. And if you live in a small space, it is enough for you to have a place where you can make movements with comfort, even if this means moving some objects from place. It is about making you a space in which you feel motivated to achieve your goal.
2.Once you have resolved where you will train in your home, you should have at hand a minimum training equipments such as:
- Kettlebell or Russian kettlebell
- Chin-up bar
- A pair of dumbbells
- Elastic tape
These materials can be obtained very easily and in a variety of prices, but if you are starting and you can not afford that investment you can solve it with whatever you have on hand. For example, some examples to achieve a homemade weights or dumbbells are the following:
- Two bottles of water of one liter each
- Two packages of rice or legumes of one kilo
- You can also use the plastic carafes with water handle, juice or milk that we usually buy
- Food cans
- Bottles or bags with sand, small stones or cement
3. Although gaining muscle at home is your priority, that does not mean you should dedicate yourself to it every day of the week at all times. In fact, what you really should do is concentrate on executing precise movements, lifting the right weight to your condition and progressing little by little, with scheduled workouts 4 or 5 days a week.
It will do you no good to try to lift 10 kilos if you have been sedentary all your life, nor will you achieve much if you overdo it. Muscles require a period of rest and recuperation in order to grow.
4. Once you are clear about where, how and when you are going to train, it is time to start. The first thing is to prepare the body with a good warm-up session . To do this you can jump the rope for about 5 or 10 minutes , depending on your physical condition. The important thing is that you remember some important points to jump to the rope correctly:
- Knees and elbows should be kept slightly bent
- The body must be relaxed
- The back must maintain its natural curvature
- The abdominals must be contracted during the movement
- After performing the warm-up pay attention to the following lines in which you will find some of the best exercises to gain muscle mass at home.
5. After warming up, you can do these exercises with dumbbells or weights , whether they are purchased or ones that you have made yourself at home:
With the feet separated at knee height, the back straight, the knees slightly bent and the abdomen contracted, take the dumbbells with your arms glued to the sides of your body and with your palms facing forward. Bend the elbow raising the forearm with the weight until it is at shoulder height and, then, returns to the starting position. Repeat with the other arm.
Hammer bicep curls
Repeat the previous position except for the palms of your hands, which now go to the sides of your body. Flex the elbows, bring the dumbbells to your chest and return to the starting position.
Sitting biceps curls
Sit in a chair where your feet are firmly on the ground. Take the dumbbells with the palms of your hands pointing towards the sides of your body. Lift one of the weights until it is at your shoulder height, and when you lower that arm, the other one goes up.
For all these exercises you can start doing 4 sets of eight movements. In each one of them and, as the days go by, increase a bit.
With your legs slightly wider than the height of your shoulders and feet pointing outwards, take the kettlebell, bend your knees and bend down enough to pass it backwards, between your legs, while your back stays straight. When you carry the kettlebell forward, raise it to your sternum and return to the starting position.
With your feet shoulder-width apart and the kettlebell held in both hands with your palms facing your body, contract the abdomen and lower your hips until they are below your knees, while lifting the kettlebell to the height of your shoulders. As you return to the starting position, your arms will lower until the kettlebell is in the middle of your legs, at the same point where you should have taken them.
When you do these exercises, to start gaining muscle from home, you can do 4 sets of 6 movements. With the passing of days you can expand this amount a little, always without exceeding.
To do dominated at home correctly, you must have a strong bar where you can hang yourself. To start, hang on the bar with your palms facing towards you and with a narrower grip than the height of your shoulders, keep your torso straight and try to raise it until your chin is above the bar. The elbows are kept close to the body and the descent to the starting position begins.
Push-ups with bar
If the bar is on the floor, you can take advantage of it as an aid to doing push-ups. It is the same classic movement in which you are face down, with your feet together and your hands at shoulder height, only this time they are not on the floor, but are subject to the bar. Flex the tip of your feet and lift your body using your arms, forming a straight line from head to foot and with the abdominals contracted to prevent the hips from going down. Stay about 5 seconds and return to the starting position.
These movements with bar to start exercising and increase muscle mass, you can repeat them doing 4 sets of 8 movements each and, little by little, go increasing this amount.
8. With dumbbells, kettlebells and the pull-up bar can help you gain muscle at home, especially in the upper body. If you want movements that allow you a complete workout, you can try training in circuit . These are some of the exercises you can include:
Face up on the floor and with the body straight, raise your arms and then your trunk to do the abdominal. Then take your arms as if you wanted to touch the tips of your feet and return to the starting position. Of this type of abdominal you can do up to 10 repetitions to begin.
Using your hands and knees as a body support, move one leg back and up, return to the starting position and change the leg. Do 10 repetitions with each leg alternating them.
Lie on your back, bend your knees keeping your feet on the floor. Lift the buttocks until they are separated from the floor and then lift one leg. Lower the leg and buttocks to the initial position, raise them again and raise the other leg. Do 10 repetitions of this exercise.