Science has come to the conclusion that there are foods that raise the spirits and others that make you feel more depressed. Through food you can improve many things and make your life more bearable.
Foods significantly influence brain chemicals, fortunately you can manipulate what you eat to feel good. If you exaggerate pastry and fatty foods destabilize the blood sugar level and as a result you have anxiety and mood swings.
On the other hand, there are nutrients that relax and generate serotonin, the neurotransmitter of well-being. The key to feeling good is in eating a balanced diet.
1. Oatmeal It is a cereal that gives you energy, vitamins B6 and B5, in addition to improving your mood improve your heart health.
2. Foods with calcium. Calcium helps you relax, especially during premenstrual syndrome (PMS), in a research conducted by Mount Sinai Medical Center, 75% of women tested felt less irritable, nervous and depressed with a daily dose of calcium .
3. Integral rice. It is very different from refined rice, because in the integral you can take better advantage of its properties. Your carbohydrates are transformed into glucose slowly and you have B vitamins, good for the nervous system.
4. Apple It has fiber that is soluble in carbohydrates, nutritionists highly recommend this fruit, because besides being delicious, it is a great source of energy.
5. Banana. It has magnesium, a mineral that helps to eliminate stress, experts recommend consuming it as snacks in the morning and in the afternoon.
6. Avocado. It is a fruit rich in nutrients, therefore it favors good mood, it has magnesium and pyridoxine, necessary for your body to generate serotonin.
7. Integral bread. It combines carbohydrates and amino acids, generating tryptophan for the brain. The lack of tryptophan generates depression and greater sensitivity to pain.
8. Chocolate. It has substances that relax the brain, puts you in a good mood and gives you energy, ideal to perform during the day.
9. Cinnamon. Cinnamon prevents hypoglycemia, if your sugar levels are very low, it is better to sprinkle some cinnamon on your cereal.
10. Spinach. It has folic acid, which combats depression, it is also an antioxidant that fights premature aging.
11. Honey. It is a food with great benefits, it provides tryptophan, which helps you to generate serotonin, and as we said, it is the neurotransmitter that makes you feel happier.
12.- Jalapenos Chiles. No wonder Mexicans are so happy and pranksters! These peppers contain capsaicin, a component that causes the brain to release endorphins, which reduce pain and produce pleasure.