People with diabetes can have sugar increases during the day, so it is important to know which foods can help you lower it and get your blood glucose levels restored. In addition to food, there are also some infusions or lifestyle habits that will keep you in an optimal state of health. In this article, how do we discover the foods to lower glucose and help you have a healthy life.
Steps to follow:
1. Avocados . It is one of the best fruits to help lower blood sugar because they are rich in monounsaturated fatty acids that help stabilize insulin by reducing blood glucose levels. In addition, avocado is also indicated to help us reduce the risk of coronary heart disease. The way to take avocado is simple: incorporate this ingredient in your diet making salads or avocado recipes that will make your dishes delicious and very healthy.
2. Apples . Another of the fruits indicated to help lower sugar is the apple because of its pectin content, a property that helps slow down the absorption of sugar as well as fats. Eating apples we are controlling the sugar and opting for a balanced state of health. In addition, the apple is formed by a large amount of water, which contributes to the cleansing of the body and the elimination of toxins, perfect to help us lose weight.
3. Nuts . It is the dried fruit with the highest amount of Omega 3 fatty acids, a nutrient that helps reduce glucose and keep insulin stable. In addition, nuts also help the blood vessels work better, thus, being prepared for cardiovascular diseases and diabetes. Therefore if you want to lower the glucose with food, you can not stop including nuts in your recipes (the amount recommended is 2 tablespoons a day ).
5. Apple cider vinegar . You can reduce the sugar by taking vinegar in the usual way, both by seasoning your dishes and, if you prefer, to take it dissolved in water before each meal. Vinegar works because it keeps the food in the stomach for longer and, therefore, the amount of sugar is decreased in the body. If you choose to take it dissolved in water you have to bear in mind that it is a very acidic product and that it could harm the state of your stomach’s health, so first make a tolerance test before starting this routine.
6.Pulses . These are foods rich in fiber and protein and, however, have a low amount of fat and calories. But we say that they are good for reducing glucose because of its high fiber intake because this nutrient reduces the absorption of sugars and, therefore, prevents the accumulation in the blood. If you take recipes with legumes, people with diabetes will probably not experience sugar rises after eating because of the fiber content.
7. In addition to these foods to lower glucose should know that you can also incorporate into your daily life a series of infusions that are also suitable for sugar. Here we detail 3 drinks that will help you but if you want to know more, in this article of How we discovered the best infusions to lower sugar .
- Orange tea : orange contains “naringenin”, a flavonoid that helps in the asmiliation of insulin. To make this drink you will only have to boil some water with the skin of the orange; Let it boil for 10 minutes and then strain it.
- Infusion of nettle root: nettle manages to increase insulin secretion and reduce glucose, so it is ideal to get lower sugar in our body. You will have to boil nettle root in a little water and let it boil for about 10 minutes; strain it and you can take it.
- Cinnamon infusion : we have already commented that cinnamon is one of the best foods to reduce sugar, so preparing an infusion with a cinnamon stick is ideal. You will have to boil some water with two or three cinnamon sticks and then strain it; Take 1 or 2 cups a day to take advantage of its benefits.
8. But not only by feeding you can reduce sugar levels but it is also important that you take into account a series of habits that will help you to ensure that glucose is better absorbed in your body and, therefore, do not contain those sugar spikes after meals. To reduce blood glucose you can try these practices:
- Physical exercise : when we play sports we get the cells to make the most of the glucose and therefore reduce the amount that is present in the blood.
- Reduce the consumption of sugar : Obviously, if you want to lower sugar it is essential that you stop taking sugary products such as pastries, sweets or soft drinks.
- Reduce the amounts : another trick to lower the glucose is that the shots are in smaller quantities and eat at different times of the day to get the sugar.
- Foods rich in fiber : we have already mentioned that pulses are recommended for their high fiber content but, in general, all foods that are rich in this nutrient are able to slow down the absorption of sugar and, therefore, regulate glucose.