One of the alterations in health that most children show, especially from 2 months to 5 years, is diarrhea. Although in infants it can be more difficult to diagnose, since bowel movements in the first months of life are very frequent, diarrhea can be mentioned in the case of very frequent and excess liquid bowel movements.
There are several remedies that can be purchased in pharmacy, but you can also choose to go for effective home remedies, in case the diarrhea is not serious and does not present any type of complication or other symptoms that may be alarming, in which case You should go immediately to a pediatrician so that you can diagnose and start treatment instantly.
Why diarrhea occurs in children
There are several causes for the child to suffer from diarrhea. The main causes of diarrhea are:
- For a virus or bacteria that affects the intestinal tract.
- For any type of intolerance to any food, such as dairy.
- For any food allergy.
- It may be the sign that indicates that the child is celiac.
- It can be a side effect of some medication.
- For food poisoning.
- For some modification in your diet, if the child is small.
In any case, the most important thing in case of diarrhea is to keep the child well hydrated, as it can produce a dehydration picture very easily. That is why the continuous administration of fluids is essential, in addition to using the home remedies explained below.
Infusions for diarrhea in children
One of the most popular natural home remedies is to use infusions to fight diarrhea in children. There are two main recipes for this.
Remedy for diarrhea in children with chamomile
For the first one you need :
- A glass of water
- A spoonful of honey
For your preparation, do the following:
- First heat the water enough so that the chamomile can release its color.
- Next, add a teaspoon of honey.
- Give the child to drink the infusion once or twice a day, depending on how you are.
Remedy for diarrhea in children with lemon, grapes and honey
For another remedy that also includes:
- The lemon juice
- The juice of 8 grapes
- Half a liter of mineral water
- A spoonful of honey
- a pinch of salt
To prepare it, mix all the components in the water until they are well diluted. It will be administered in small shots throughout the day.
Attention: babies with diarrhea
In the event that your son or daughter is a baby under the age of one, we advise you to go to the pediatrician before providing anything on your own. Babies tend to have a poorly developed digestive system, so some foods may be harmful.
Carrot to cut diarrhea
Another food that is also very advisable during periods of infantile diarrhea is the carrot. It is highly recommended to take it in the form of soup.
- For this, 500 grams of carrots will be used, which will be cut very thin and cooked in water.
- Then they will go through a mill to get that kind of consistency.
- The carrots will be added to a liter of water, obtaining a soup that will be administered in three doses throughout the day.
Apple for diarrhea
The apple also has properties that help to fight the diarrhea process, since they are a very advisable remedy to reduce the problems of dehydration.
For this remedy you need:
- 2 apples
- Half a liter of water
- A teaspoon of honey
- First apples are washed and peeled and boiled in half a liter of water for half an hour.
- Then the liquid obtained will be strained and the teaspoon of honey will be added.
- When the mixture is homogeneous, the child will be administered in small doses throughout the day.
The apple is also ideal if you do not know how to stop diarrhea in one-year-old children.
Yogurt for diarrhea
Yogurt is the most effective home remedy in case the diarrhea has been caused by side effects of an antibiotic treatment. You can give the child up to three yogurts throughout the day, as they contain beneficial bacteria that help to recover the intestinal flora damaged by antibiotics.
Before giving yogurt it is very important to know that the diarrhea is caused by an antibiotic treatment and that a possible lactose intolerance is totally ruled out.
You can also add special probiotics for diarrhea to yogurts. They can be found at any pharmacy and help repopulate the bacterial flora.
This article is merely informative, we do not have the faculty to prescribe any medical treatment or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to go to a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.