Garlic is a food increasingly used as natural remedy for many health issues. Among its most remarkable properties related to health is its great power in improving blood circulation, as it has ajoene and allicin, preventing clots from forming. This is why it is very advisable to treat different disorders related to blood circulation at home, for example, hemorrhoids, although it can also be used for hypertension, cholesterol and prevent other alterations such as a myocardial infarction.
The hemorrhoids or piles are a very common disorder, annoying and painful as it is swollen veins in the lower rectum or anus, which can be very inconvenient especially when defecating. Therefore, you can look for different alternatives to relieve symptoms until you perform the necessary medical consultation to calm the pathology.
Hemorrhoids: symptoms and signs
Swollen veins can develop outside, which is known as external hemorrhoids , internally, called internal hemorrhoids , or around the anus. Generally, those that are on the outside are those that cause more discomfort and pain, which increases when you are sitting, mainly if a blood clot forms.
Among the most frequent symptoms of hemorrhoids are:
- Anal itching
- Bright red blood that can be seen in stools
- One or more sensitive but hard protrusions near the anus
- Discomfort during defecation or when sitting.
If you have one or several of these symptoms it is important that you go to a doctor as soon as possible, to prevent the disorder from moving forward and make it more complicated to eliminate them and calm the discomfort that it causes.
Causes of hemorrhoids
The piles are a very common alteration and is due to a pressure in the anus . This can happen in the case of women who are pregnant, those who recently gave birth or who suffer from constipation. This increased pressure in this sector of the body causes swelling of the veins and tissues of the area, which causes bleeding during bowel movements.
On the other hand, hemorrhoids can also cause a great effort to defecate, stay seated for long periods of time, be prolonged sitting on the toilet or different pathologies such as liver cirrhosis.
Why garlic is recommended for the treatment of piles?
Garlic is an essential food to maintain the body in a healthy way, as it offers a lot of benefits and very few calories, being ideal to incorporate into your usual diet. While there are numerous home remedies for hemorrhoids, garlic is the most perfect and recommended component to eliminate the symptoms of this disorder.
As the piles are swollen veins it is necessary to improve circulation so that they return to their normal state and garlic has as one of its main medicinal functions to promote good circulation . This is because it is:
- Helps lower cholesterol
All because its most prominent principles are ajoene and allicin.
Eating garlic regularly can fight and prevent numerous circulatory disorders; However, it is also very effective for other disorders such as a cold, cough, altitude sickness and eliminate bacteria from the body because it is considered the best natural antibiotic.
How to use garlic to fight hemorrhoids?
There are numerous ways to use garlic to treat hemorrhoids and, while consuming it is ideal to improve any circulatory disorder, in these cases it is preferable to accompany the intake with some preparation of this food to apply locally and reduce symptoms:
- One of the options is to get three cloves of garlic, two bay leaves and a couple of cloves. Boil half a liter of water and when it starts to boil add the previously mashed garlic cloves, bay leaves and cloves. You must leave all the mixture on low heat for half an hour and, at the end, let it rest at least fifteen minutes. Finally, you have to strain all the content and, with a cotton, apply it by slightly pressing the result on the affected area several times a day to reduce discomfort and let the anti-inflammatory properties of garlic take effect.
- On the other hand, you can simply crush a couple of cloves of garlic and, the result, place it in the area with hemorrhoids. You must ensure that the garlic is in direct contact with the swollen veins and, although it burns or causes some great discomfort, you have to leave it to act for at least 5 minutes to finish washing the area with water. However, it is important to remember that these remedies do not replace the conventional treatment indicated by the trusted physician.