Garlic is commonly used to flavor many food dishes, but it also possesses impressive health benefits. The important medicinal compound in garlic is allicin, which has antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal and antioxidant.
Also, garlic is an excellent source of vitamins and nutrients. These include vitamins B1, B6, Vitamin-C, Calcium, Manganese, Selenium, Copper.
Studies show that garlic if eaten empty stomach acts as an effective antibiotic. Taking garlic empty stomach, before breakfast attacks bacteria directly and efficiently.
Garlic is effective in fighting fungal infections, colds, flu and all sorts of diseases that people treat with modern medicine. Crushing or grinding a garlic clove, releases a kind of phytoncide called allicin, which has powerful bacteriostatic effects (that stops reproduction of bacteria) that help treat infections faster. Garlic contains many other phytoncides, but also essential oils, phytosterols, vitamins C, D, and B, phosphoric acid and sulfuric acid, silicon, magnesium, calcium, selenium, Potassium, and sodium. It also contains many antioxidants and over 400 different mineral components.
Benefits of eating raw garlic in empty stomach
- It prevents clogging and ageing of the arteries.
- It reduces the bad cholesterol level.
- It boosts the immune system.
- Garlic Kills bacteria and infection.
- Garlic helps protect against heart disease.
- It hampers synthesis of triglycerides, thus preventing the development of atherosclerosis.
- It brings down the blood pressure.
- Excellent for inflammation.
- As an effective remedy for colds.
- Treats nervous system disorders.
- Inhibits the growth of tumor cells.
Tips to Maximize the Benefits of Garlic
- Leave the garlic for 10 minutes after crushing.
- Do not take it in pill form but take in natural form.
- For a therapeutic dose take between 2 and 3 cloves of garlic.
- Add honey in garlic paste for taste.
- Begin with small doses, you can drink water in case of heartburn.