Chamomile is an herb made from dried chamomile flowers and is used for its various benefits. Chamomile can be taken as an infusion or by using it externally. Let use know some of its health benefits.
1. Chamomile has anti-inflammatory properties. It is ideal for relieving inflammation processes.
2. It is widely used to relieve stomach aches, gas, and diarrhea.
3. It has a soothing and calming effect, is used in cases of irritability, sadness, and anxiety. It is considered as a mild sedative. It is also used to relieve insomnia.
4. Calm menstrual cramps in women. Take three cups of chamomile infusion daily during your period.
5. Drinking chamomile tea helps relieve feelings of overwhelming fear, panic attacks and fatigue as it promotes relaxation without excess sedation.
6. It is widely used to disinfect sores in the mouth; can be used in compresses on the inflamed parts or to gargle.
7. To relieve puffy and tired eyes you can use chamomile. Prepare a little infusion of this herb, let it cool and then moisten in that infusion two kinds of cotton and place them over your closed eyes for 15 to 20 minutes.
8. Chamomile has refreshing and purifying properties so that you can use them in your daily facial cleansing. Just boil several chamomile flowers and let it cool. Clean your face and then apply a cotton infusion on your face with a tonic.
9.For youthful and beautiful look use a mask based on chamomile and honey. Add a teaspoon of honey to a chamomile infusion and apply the resulting mixture over the face, allowing it to penetrate the skin well for at least 15 minutes. Remove with warm water.
10. If you suffer from swelling in your feet you can use chamomile to relax and refresh them. Just boil a little chamomile, when it is lukewarm to submerge them.